It’s fascinating to think about how far technology has come. Over the years, we’ve seen an evolution of tools flash right in front of our eyes. In recent memory, a great technical revolution has splashed us with a massive wave of the healthcare industry’s most important resources. Nowadays, medical centers are flooded with prestigious forms of technology.
It’s truly an exciting time to be involved with healthcare. Companies like Philips, IBM, WebMD, and Lexmark reward medical centers with the industry’s best healthcare IT solutions. It makes you wonder, what’s the next big thing?
Expect the quality of patient care to skyrocket with these exciting new enhancements:
- Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Stems: The closed-loop insulin delivery system by Medtronic is one of the most widely anticipated solutions of the year. This delivery system is a fully-automated device that’s designed to efficiently manage Type-1 diabetes. It has a continuous glucose monitor and an insulin pump that is activated automatically. This eliminates the need to manually test your insulin levels.
- The Qualcomm Tricorder: Since the beginning of medical history, diagnosing patients has always been a comprehensive process. The days of in-depth diagnostic tests will soon be behind us with the Qualcomm Tricorder. This powerful wireless device is designed to monitor symptoms and diagnose health conditions in a matter of seconds. Though still a prototype, the Tricorder has already diagnosed 13 major health conditions on a handful of patients. When finalized, this device will significantly improve the efficiency of health care.
- Internet of Things for Healthcare: The Internet of Things (IoT) is a comprehensive directory of electronic computing devices. In essence, it is the collection of devices that are connected to the internet and work together in a unified network. Healthcare specialists are in the final stages of developing an IoT system that is exclusively for the healthcare industry. The IoT healthcare edition will be a private network that provides physicians with easier access to their patient’s medical records.
- 3D Printed Drugs: 3D-printing is an explosive trend in today’s age. More than 15 years ago, 3D-printing took the medical industry by storm. Doctor’s started using this printing solution to create a patient’s prosthetic materials or dental implants. The success of 3D-printed assets creates influence for a new opportunity in the pharmaceutical industry. In fact, major pharmaceutical manufacturers like Aprecia Pharmaceuticals have already started printing oral medicines. As 3D-printing continues to improve, expect pharmacists to use this impressive technology to create fast medicines that fulfill prescription orders.
- Artificial Intelligence: We are gradually converting into an age that will soon be dominated by artificial intelligence. Companies like Cerebro are designing forms of AI technology that will drastically improve patient care quality. One of Cerebro’s top prototype’s is designed specifically for clinician employment. This solution fills nurses and physicians in certain roles. It also gives healthcare administrators the ability to have their clinicians fulfill their own schedules.