Like it or not, the world is plugged in and connected. But not everyone we are connected to is playing by the rules. With a constant connection comes an ever-increasing risk for an attack on your systems and data. The benefits of cyber security become more apparent with every cyber attack we see on the news. Few companies understand the need for a robust cyber security system better than we do at Hi-Tek Data. And fewer companies can provide your business with the security and peace of mind you get when you trust the security of your network with us. Want to know more? Read on below to find out about the importance of cyber security and how Hi-Tek Data can protect your business.
Cyber Threats to Guard Against
The cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline recently is just one of an increasingly alarming number of malicious attacks cybercriminals carry out. Often criminals are after your data or money, which was the case in the pipeline attack. When an attack was made on a water supply in Florida earlier this year, the aim wasn’t money but to harm as many people as possible.
To have peace of mind that your business is protected, you will need a thorough and comprehensive cyber security program in place. This includes:
- Online content filters
- Wireless security
For those measures to be effective, you need to know what threats are out there. To better protect your business, at Hi-Tek Data, we keep our staff updated on the latest trends and threats threatening companies like yours. Some threats to look out for are:
- Spyware – These programs allow criminals to monitor and record your every move on your computer. This gives them access to your passwords and other sensitive information.
- Ransomware – This software will hold your system hostage and not allow you access to your computer systems until ransom money is paid to the hacker. Even then, there is no guarantee you will get your system back, let alone know the state it may be in when you do regain control.
- Adware – These common viruses fill your computer with unwanted spam and ads. Besides inconveniences and slowdowns, these programs are often doorways for other malicious software to enter your network.
What the Benefits of Cyber Security Really Are
You want people to know about your business for the quality services it provides your customers. You don’t want people to recognize your business as another in a long line of cyberattack victims. The benefits of cyber security will keep your business up and running and keep customers coming in.
- Stay up and running – People visit your website every day wanting the services you provide. If your site goes down, customers can become frustrated and move on to someone else. Cyber security provided by Hi-Tek Data can keep your site protected, up and running, and earn you customers and money.
- Keep your customers protected – Your customers need to know they can trust you with their data. Without proper cyber security in place, you could be looking at a significant loss in customer confidence and potentially substantial financial losses.
- Stay productive – If a security breach happens, it can bring every aspect of your business down to a crawl. You will need to focus time and resources on getting your systems back up to speed. Proper cyber security can keep your network running at its peak.
- Keep your team up to date – Trusting your cyber security with Hi-Tek Data means you have a partner that will work with your in-house staff. We can help keep your IT staff in the know about developing trends and warning signs to watch out for during the day-to-day running of your business.
Without the benefits of cyber security, your business is in danger of becoming another victim. You have worked too hard to let that happen! That’s why you need a team of IT experts to have your back. Give us a call today; let Hi-Tek Data focus on keeping cyber criminals out, while you focus on keeping your business flourishing!